This portal is run and updated by an international group of academic lawyers and legal practitioners engaged in extradition law. The group organises a yearly reunion of extradition lawyers and has met regularly (once a year) since 2016.
Members to the scientific commitee of the extradition expert group are :
- Stefano Maffei | Italian academic lawyer and an extradition consultant with significant international experience, mainly in Europe, UK and the United States. Dr. Maffei is a member of the Fair Trials’ Legal Expert Advisory Panel on extradition matters and offers legal advice in extradition proceedings and complex cases that involve multiple jurisdictions, the European Court of Human Rights and/or defendants who face charges before foreign courts.
- Mark Summers | Barrister specialising in crime and international criminal law, focusing on extradition and mutual legal assistance, cases concerning anti-terrorism law, complex cross border and jurisdictional issues, international and EU law. Mark is a member of the Defence Extradition Lawyer’s Forum (DELF).
- Anna Oehmichen | German criminal defence lawyer and founder of the law firm Oehmichen International in Berlin, Germany, specialised and experienced in cross-border criminal defence and white collar cases. She regularly advises on extradition and international mutual legal assistance matters, e.g. defending against a European Arrest Warrant or an Interpol Red Notice. She also holds a lectureship for European Criminal Law at the University of Gießen, Germany and is, inter alia, a member of the European bar associations CCBE and ECBA.
- Robert Currie | Professor of Law & Distinguished Research Professor, Schulich School of Law in Canada, Rob is a specialist in transnational criminal law and his scholarly work is cited frequently in court decisions. He is a qualified barrister at the Bar of Nova Scotia and regularly acts as a consultant to both government and private clients in cases relating to extradition, mutual legal assistance in criminal matters and extraterritorial jurisdiction.
- Thomas Wahl | German senior researcher based at the Max Planck Institute for the Study of Crime, Security and Law. Thomas is managing editor of the platform “eucrim” which regularly informs about the ongoing developments in European criminal and security law. From 2009 to 2011 he worked at the Federal Office of Justice (Bundesamt für Justiz) in the units (Referate) for “Extradition, Enforcement Assistance, Mutual Legal Assistance”.